.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Non Partisan Is The Way To Go

Refuting his own party, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger endorsed a ballot proposal to end political party primaries, creating a non partisan process. Both political parties hate the move, which is the first sign it's a good one.

I agree with the notion that it will help moderates get elected. It will also have the added benefit of forcing the 90% of the population who always votes for the same party in local elections to actually think about things before they get to the booth.

I really hope this passes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! You think the majority of the voting populace THINKS?!
They react. Hear something, knee jerks and out comes the passive i agree/disagree! After than, popular opinion and faith in *blank* hitches their wagon to the bumper and off they go!

If people actually thought about politics and issues, they'd stare at their hands and cry.

Tuesday, 19 October, 2004  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home