.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Gwen Stefani In Concert!

Driving into the L.A. area, we checked into an Extended Stay America within walking distance from the Arrowhead Pond at Anaheim, home of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. There was a great commotion outside, so I knew the Ducks weren't playing.

It was Gwen Stefani of No Doubt fame.

Gwen put on quite a show and had a bunch of different outfits on.

Here's hip hop Gwen. Not a good look.

Here's sporty Gwen, which is much better.

It wasn't all fun and games, there was real life drama going on. One of the dancers proposed to his girlfriend on stage. She said yes.

Gwen was happy for them.

The place was almost sold out and had a lot of energy in the room. It was a mixture of all kinds of ages.

There were two pseudo lesbian college chicks -- the kind who accidentally leave their thong hanging out -- sitting behind me and two married couples to my left. One of the married women, who was definitely a MILF, got really bombed during the show. She was extremely friendly though. Great person. I was glad she had a good time.

A few rows back we have the tattoos all over the arm girls. Welcome to L.A.

The set and lighting design was simple but fun, using a lot of big screens to make things visually interesting (much better than anything I could do when I was a lighting designer).

For the most part, it was about Gwen.

Did you know that her current album was supposed to be a "silly little dance album" and that she wasn't planning on touring with it? Well, if you didn't know, you know now. She brought it up three or four times during the show.

But it was about Gwen.

Gwen and her outfits.

This was being filmed, possibly for a DVD, due out in a store near you. The outfits are worth it, and I'm sure it will look better than my photos allow.

Gwen's outfits. Different pants, different tops.

Some of them worked.

Some of them didn't.

The concert ended with "Cool" and a curtain call...oh wait...

Drummers came out and surrounded the arena to sing Hollaback Girl.

What the hell is a hollaback girl? She ain't one, I know that much.

The show ended with a bang. Most people, especially the teens, were happy.

I was a little bummed that she didn't sing any No Doubt stuff, including my favorite, "It's My Life," which may be the best re-make of a song I've ever heard.

Oh well. It was still a fun time.

My first few hours in L.A. turned out to be alright.

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough Gwen Stefani. I DEMAND a post about the Akron Zip's first ever championship and bowl berth.

I'll be waiting...

Friday, 02 December, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

What's more exotic DDD, Gwen Stefani, killer whales, or the Mexican border?

Friday, 02 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home