.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Feeling The Heat In Phoenix, AZ

We spent the past few days in the Phoenix area, which is a sprawling pile desert and human transplants that includes the city, Scottsdale, and Tempe.

I had been here before, in 1999 to see the Doug Flutie and the Buffalo Bills beat Jake Plummer and the Arizona Cardinals. It was a great time with Mom and the last time the Buffalo Bills were a serious Super Bowl contender. Within a couple of years, the coach would be fired and the team dismantled.

But I digress...

I really have nothing to say about this Phoenix trip though, because when I arrived I already had a fever and a stuffed nose. I took some serious cough medicine, which wound up dehydrating me to the point of nose bleeds and made my whole body numb.

What I gather about the area though is that it is made up of transplants. Until World War II ended in the 40s and air conditioning was invented in the 1950s, Phoenix was a pretty deserted (hah, a pun!) place.

On my last trip, I visited Taliesin West, part of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and a school of architecture. From what I can remember, it was fantastic.

But I was sick like a dog and did little but work while I was here. I didn't really eat all that much either, except for a couple of poorly-conceived trips to Denny's.

So what did I do while I was in Phoenix?

I slept.

Exciting blog post, I know.

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures