.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Things To Do In New York: Coney Island and the Cyclones


On Tuesday, for the very first time, I went to Coney Island in Brooklyn for a Cyclones game. I've lived in New York City (Queens) most of my life, but have spent very little time in Brooklyn.


Almost immediately, walking out of the Stillwell Ave. subway station, you see the "world famous" Nathans stand. While Coney Island has seen better days, it's still got some great sites to see. The first thing I noticed was that great smell of salty water nearby.


There I had a healthy and hearty meal. Cheap and nutritious!


But the real reason for being there was to see the Brooklyn Cyclones play the New Jersey Cardinals.


For the price of a cheap ticket, you can see one-A baseball in a really fun environment.


Even a little rain couldn't take away from the fun of the game.


The "Beach Bums" serve as cheerleaders for the event. The DJ at the PA system played some fun songs like "Hit The Road Jack" when the Jersey pitcher was taken out of the game. Unfortunately, New Jersey won, but it was still a fun time.


Check it out!

Other Things To Do In New York