.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Q&A With Anton Srdanovic, Candidate For Congress


Anton Srdanovic, Republican/Conservative candidate for Congress (14th District, representing parts of Manhattan and Queens). Posted by Hello

Our first Q&A is with Anton Srdanovic, the Republican/Conservative candidate for U.S. Congress. He is running against the incumbent representative Carolyn Maloney in a disctrict that hits parts of Manhattan and Queens. Maloney was contacted to appear on this site as well.

If you're unsure who your representative in congress is, you may find out here.

1. What's the most important issue of this campaign?

Certainly Terrorism. I was very surprised that my opponent voted against the 9/11 commission recommendations (HR10). Also she has consistently voted against using our military to patrol our borders. I feel that increasing our border security is important to prevent terrorists from entering our country, stopping the flow of illegal aliens and for combating drug trafficking.

2. How can we improve the New York City economy?

New York benefits more from tax cuts than any other city. The recent Bush tax cuts saved residents of New York City $15 Billion dollars. Further, we need to do better in getting federal dollars back to New York for major infrastructure projects. For example, New York has 32% of the nations commuters yet only 16% of the Federal transportation budget. Also, my opponent, after 12 years in office, has only obtained 0.04% of the dollars needed for the Second Avenue subway, a failure that should not be rewarded with her re-election. Further, I would like to see a Brooklyn to NJ freight rail tunnel built, removing over 1 Million trucks off our streets. This is a win-win-win for NY. Less pollution, increase in economic activity and fewer trucks to inspect during high terror alerts.

3. What would you tell an undecided voter?

Undecided voters should check out my web site and that of my opponent. A comparison would show that I will fight for tax fairness for New Yorkers, my opponent votes in a manner that hurts New Yorkers' economic interests. My positions on Homeland security are a better defense for American than my opponents positions. Also, my background as an engineer and a financial analyst are more suited for the problems of today than my opponent who has never received a pay check from a private company.

We'd like to thank Anton for participating and wish him well on Tuesday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nominal Me said...

This may be true, but the last Republican to win Minnesota was Richard Nixon in 1972.

Monday, 01 November, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta give respect to the guys willing to take one for the team, even if the team is not mine. I don't think this is a hotly contested seat. Though I've now heard more about Srdanovic than I have about whover is running against Chuck Schumer (which is to say-- I've heard nothing about whoever is running against Chuck Schumer.)

Monday, 01 November, 2004  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Howard Mills is running as the Republican, and Marilyn O'Grady is running as the conservative party candidate (for those of you who live outside of New York, we have one of those).

In New York a candidate may be endorsed by more than one party, which makes the GOP/Conservative split yet another obstacle for beating Schumer. Some polls predict that the senator will break the all-time state record for biggest blowout this year.

I have seen e-mail messages from the Mills campaign, and one TV ad for O'Grady on CNN last night. Neither campaign had the money to do anything.

Schumer's got a huge war chest to run for governor now. That will be interesting.

Tuesday, 02 November, 2004  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home