.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Reggie White, R.I.P


I was sad to hear that former NFL player Reggie White passed away today at the early age of 43.

White made contributions on and off the field. His class-action lawsuit with the NFL in 1992 led to the free agency system as we know it, and entered White into the annals of NFL Player Union history as well as being one of the best on-the-field players.

After his career, he dedicated his life to helping others and preaching his faith, sometimes in a controversial way.

Reggie will be missed. He was a class act.


Reggie White at the moment of his greatest football glory.

Other sports stories.

UPDATE (Related Posts):

Poliblog


Outside the Beltway

Backcountry Conservative

Paul Katcher


Demagogue

ASV


The Daily Brief
(says White probably took steroids)

The Blog of Death

3 Comments:

Blogger Nominal Me said...

I'm not sure Reggie was a hateful guy, I just don't think he realized the effect his words would have on certain situations. He was a football player, after all, and not a public spokesperson.

Monday, 27 December, 2004  
Blogger Unknown said...

He lost that CBS gig over what he said about homosexuals.

"Hispanics are gifted in family structure. You can see a Hispanic person and they can put 20 or 30 people in one home. They were gifted in the family structure."

Whole speech can be found here:
http://my.execpc.com/~dross/aw/regwhite.html

Monday, 27 December, 2004  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Isn't Deion Sanders a preacher too?

Monday, 27 December, 2004  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home