.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Things To Do In New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art


The Met has added new works to its already impressive collection, including a "Folio from the 'Blue Quar'an'" (description below).

The Metropolitan Museum of Art, located on Fifth Avenue and 82nd street in New York City, is the home to my favorite painting, Washington Crossing the Delaware.


The best painting ever.

It's also one of the best bargains in New York City. The donation is voluntary, although well worth the $12 they "suggest".

There you will find art and objects from a wide variety of time periods and locations. If you like the idea of art, but really don't know what you're into, this is the museum to go to.

The staff is very helpful, and offer free lectures and walking tours of the museum throughout the day.

The museum is far too large and diverse for you to get bored, so if you have an afternoon to spare, I suggest you check it out.

The description of the "Folio from the 'Blue Quar'an'" can be found by clicking the image below, which is from the Fall 2004 Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin.

I can spend hours at the Met. It's the best museum in the world.

Check out other things to do in New York.