.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Legend Lost


I was sad to hear that Johnny Carson passed away this weekend.

When Carson became the host of NBC's The Tonight Show on October 2, 1962, television changed for the better. MSNBC even goes as far to say as TV died the day he left NBC.

I will fondly remember when Julio Iglesias was a guest star, and was convinced to sing his hit duet song "To All The Girls I've Loved Before". Out with a silly wig on to play the part of Willie Nelson was Johnny Carson. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

For a very long time, he was the king of late night television. America watched. America laughed. America now misses him.

Other Retro Moments

Links of interest:

Johnny Carson, E! Online

BBC: Johnny Carson dies

IMDb: Johnny Carson

CNN on Johnny Carson's death


NPR on Carson's death

USA Today on Johnny Carson

Another tribute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I may not have liked Johnny as much as the rest of America but I totally respected what he did. He was an original. He changed television forever.

My heart goes out to Carson's family and especially Dave Letterman (his number one fan). It was very telling that he's airing reruns all this week.

Tuesday, 25 January, 2005  
Blogger Janet said...

My question was how pissed off do you think Donald Trump must have been. You know nothing is meant to upstage "The Donald". And I do mean NOTHING.

Tuesday, 25 January, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home