.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, March 21, 2005

I'm Mad About March Madness


My NCAA tournament bracket is about as good as toilet paper right now.

My prediction for the final: Syracuse over Wake Forest. Both are already eliminated from the pool. UConn and Illinois were my other two final four picks, with the latter being the only one in the tournament.

While it appears the selection committee did a good job picking the number one seeds, one has to wonder what the hell happened for all of the other rankings. It also makes me wonder what the point of the regular season is, if teams that are marginal suddenly become one of the best sixteen in the country.

It's kind of like the hockey playoffs now, with the regular season meaning almost nothing.

I guess I'll root for Duke and Oklahoma State, with J.J. Redick and JamesOn Curry being the only two remaining players in the whole tournament I've ever heard of.

And I'm taking odds on Texas Tech's Bobby Knight having a breakdown on the court this weekend.

What a crazy weekend in basketball.

RELATED LINKS:
More Sports

WEB STUFF:

Here's a blogger that talks about bad blogs. Take this as you will

Looking for some Schiavo Merchandise?

Here's a great street sign.

The new Star Wars movie looks good.