.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, March 07, 2005

When Blogging Gets Boring


For the past couple of days, I've gotten totally bored with blogging.

It's not anyone's fault. The synapses in my brain just haven't been clicking. Let's face it, if I'm bored with my own thoughts, then I imagine you'd be too.

Plus, I've been having some bandwidth issues at my new apartment, and I'm waiting for Time Warner cable to fix everything.

Nevertheless, I'm going to give this a shot again with a slight reformat. I'll probably have one major post a week, with daily updates. If you're a daily reader, just scroll down every day to see what minor things have caught my eye lately.

MONDAY UPDATES:


Dr. Strangejazz seems to think that as a white man, I should be up in arms about the Tuskegee experiment, something I had never heard of before. Check out his rant here. By the way, he's been picking up the slack for me in the blogging world, and his game has been stepped up considerably.

Here's a great post about how credit card companies can screw you.

Janet finally showed us what she looks like. This was a fun contest.

The Wake-Forest and North Carolina wins were thrilling to watch yesterday. I'm really looking forward to March Madness now.

TUESDAY UPDATES:

Cablevision's doublsspeak propaganda is in full effect today. Articles in both the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times today demonstrate the perils of allowing a company to have too much power. The Journal reports today that Michael Bair, the president of MSG Networks, recently sent Time Warner Cable a letter stating that if an agreement on payments for Knicks and Mets games wasn't reached by midnight last night that Time Warner would be infringing on Cablevision's copyrights if it continued broadcasting the networks. This is while the MSG and Fox Sports networks have been running ads alluding to the fact that Time Warner wants to take the sports teams away from viewers. It looks like this has more to do with Cablevision than anything else.

The New York Times has a story by Jim Rutenberg stating that Cablevision has banned pro-West Side stadium ads on its networks, and has been presuring other TV stations not to run the ads as well. How is that for free speech? It looks like Cablevision is trying to be New York monopoly.

Meanwhile, Hans Bethe, one of the creators of the atomic bomb, died.

RELATED LINKS:
More Personal Stuff

2 Comments:

Blogger Nominal Me said...

Well, judging by the traffic on her site Jackie, she could probably have her own version of the Bachlorette going on.

Monday, 07 March, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you are getting it together. I miss your take on stuff.

Monday, 07 March, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home