.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, March 28, 2005

MySpace, For Spam


For no particular reason, I started a Myspace page, which allowed me to connect with people I've been in contact with on a regular basis anyway.

This is with one exception, a woman who attended my college and knew a friend of mine.

That being said, I really haven't gotten much out of it. I am getting two "friend" requests a day...apparently as part of a spam scam.

It's usually from a 19-22 year old who is totally hot, at least according to the profile that goes along with the photo. The request has seemingly gone out to at least 2000 other people as well, making me feel less than special.

It's sort of one of those "if it's too good to be true, then it is" kind of things.

So now that I'm on Myspace, can someone tell me what the point is? I don't need this thing to get spam, I'm good at getting that on my own.

RELATED LINKS:
Other Looking At Things

WEB STUFF:
Janet doesn't want to go to her high school reunion

How does religion and soil relate? Read it here.

Looks like Terri Schiavo was never allowed a PET or MRI scan, her husband wouldn't allow it, so says this website. On the other hand, this blogger says Terri is not in pain, and the husband is doing the right thing.

Is Iraq turning the corner?

2 Comments:

Blogger Loveena Raj said...

WOW That was enlightening - The soil and relegion ...

If you dont mind me asking ... How desperate is a female who sends out 2000 such mails ... I come from a culture where the woman has her own ... dignity - Quiet unfortunate though to note all those virtues to be in the past tense.

Advancement and women's Lib have done a great deal. But it is my opinion that Women's Lib was wrongly aimed or directed - women did not need to be liberated from bondage to men - they need to be liberated from bondage from themselves ... How else could one explain a hot female sending out 2000 mails ...???

Should've been one, just one. One's got to know what one wants and try to get just that. Easily said than done.

By the way, I was down because of a surgery and quiet selfishly toying with my own blog ... So, how's life? :-)

Tuesday, 29 March, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Well, unfortunately it was probably a 40 year old guy with a beer gut making more money a year than I ever will to send spam. The profiles are probably fakes, and my dreams of being with a hot 19 year old crushed.

Tuesday, 29 March, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home