.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Visiting an Old Best Friend

One of the joys of being on the road is seeing old friends. When in Naples, I got a chance to visit with Chris, my best friend from high school. We've only seen each other sporadically since graduating Forest Hills High School, so it was nice to catch up with him.

The last time I saw him was on his wedding day (here he is with his lovely wife Patti). She's a great girl, with the exception of being a Miami Dolphins fan. I'll try to overlook that.

They have a young boy named Gavin, and he's an attention hog.

Gavin is a sponge for information. He's a really sharp kid.

He's quite the artist. Notice the "two crayon" technique.

Like his Dad, he's management material. When I came into his room, he told me to sit down and play with him.

Chris, Patti, and I went to the hockey game I talked about in my previous post.

I also got to have dinner at Chris' parent's house. I had not seen them since Chris and Patti's wedding either.

Chris is a manager of a successful drug store in Florida and is doing quite well for himself.

In fact, he seems like he's doing great.

OK, sorry guys. I'm sure only about five people who read my blog care about this.

But I do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cute kid. Good thing he looks like the mom.

Heh just kidding Chris. Looks like you got the American dream going on down there. Congrats.

Tuesday, 28 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Chris got fat...the kid is really cute.

Tuesday, 28 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't we care about your happiness? Reconnection with an old friend who is thriving in the present, but also cherishes the past - it's a good thing. Balm for the soul.

Sunday, 02 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home