.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Davenport, IA

After leaving Chicago, I arrived in Davenport, IA, one of the Quad Cities. The term "Quad Cities" is a misnomer, as the metropolitan area includes five cities in Iowa and Illinois (Davenport, IA, Bettendorf, IA, Rock Island, IL, East Moline, IL, and Moline, IL). It is a vibrant community with shops, restaurants, and entertainment and many described it as a "great place to raise a family".

I was here for the Davenport Air Show, which I will write about in my next post.

Davenport, IA is the home of the Machine Shed, a fantastic farmer's restaurant.

Outside, there are tractors that kids can play with.

Here's me pimpin my ride!

They offer hay rides as well.

Inside, the decor is one of a family farm store. The portions are big and the food is great.

Davenport boasted some of the most beautiful sundowns I've ever seen. It was a nice place with extremely friendly people. If you're driving through the area, I strongly suggest you stop by for a visit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying such nice things about Davenport. I miss the city I now live in the middle of noware far from Davenport and my famly.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home