.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Plugs, For My Friends and Other Blogs


It's time for shameless promotion.

It's time to shill. Here's some things I'd like you to do, or some websites I think you should visit. Some of them involve people I know, but most don't. If you'd like to promote your blog, feel free to add it in the comments section.

Some of this I've found through Blog Explosion, in other cases just surfing around.

First, check out Paul Katcher's first assignment on ESPN Page 3, the Best Seinfeld Sports Moments.

Long before I ever knew what a "blog" was, I was going to his website on a daily basis.

His is the only blog by a guy I've never met that I read every day. Check out his blog and his ESPN article. Then check out the post that hooked me on his website, his homage to "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka. You won't be dissapointed.


TJ Allard (above) is one of 12 finalists for the "Good Day Live" New York correspondent job, and he needs your vote.

They will be airing a one minute tape of him during their Monday, November 29th broadcast, at times in these specific cities:

New York WNYW FOX 12:00PM
Cleveland WJW FOX 1:00PM
Detroit WJBK FOX 1:00PM
Chicago WFLD FOX 1:00PM
Minneapolis KMSP FOX 12:00PM
St. Louis KTVI FOX 12:00PM
Kansas City WDAF FOX 1:00PM
San Francisco KTVU FOX 9:00AM
Los Angeles KTTV FOX 9:00AM
San Diego XETV FOX 9:00AM
Dallas KDFW FOX 11:00AM
Houston KRIV FOX 11:00AM
New Orleans WB38 WB 12:00PM
Tampa WTVT FOX 1:00PM
Atlanta WAGA FOX 1:00PM
Philadelphia WTXF FOX 12:00PM

If you can't watch the show (I can't either, I'll be working), stay tuned to this website for voting information, which will be posted as soon as he has it. At the moment, the show will be posting a 1-800 # for voting.


As for some other blogs, there is some great stuff out there, like:

A chilling and thought provoking post by a guy who just broke up with his girlfriend.

A 24 year old woman talks about dealing with being raped. It started with this. I really hope she turns out OK.

Here's a great PowerPoint on Iraqi insurgents use of Moques, and what our troops are up against there.

The Moderate Voice's great summary of Dan Rather's departure.

Here's a post from an "ex-raver" talking about the wilder times in her life.

Then there's Dr. Strangejazz's great interview with actor/writer/director Harold Ramis.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nominal Me said...

Whoops.

Loyal readers, read his other stuff too.

Friday, 26 November, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post about what you can find in blogexplosion. It does conveys the idea of the multiplicity of topics of the blogs linked to this community.

Leda Swan
ledaandtheswanblog@yahoo.com
ledaandtheswan.bravejournal.com

Saturday, 27 November, 2004  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

I like Blog Explosion, and have found good stuff there. Not all of these links come from it though. If you have the time, you can find some real gems through it.

Saturday, 27 November, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by! Leda.

Sunday, 28 November, 2004  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home