.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Terrorist Threats, But Not Al Queda


New York's Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church, along with others in the denomination, was on alert Sunday after the PC-USA received an arson threat.

Walking into church this morning, I noticed more security than usual. During the announcement section of this morning's service, our pastor announced that the Presbyterian Church USA had received an arson threat due to it's "anti-Jewish" policies towards the Middle East.

The letter, postmarked from Queens, NY (my home county), has PC-USA churches all over the country on alert.

While the congregation was unhappy, they did not seem discouraged.

Terrorism, sadly, spans wider than Al-Queda, and darkens more than the Middle East. New Yorkers are getting used to it.

The statement on the potential PC-USA divestment is here.
The PC-USA statement on the Middle East roadmap is here.
More PC-USA thoughts on Palestine may be found here.
The Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church website is here.
The Presbyterian Church USA website is here.