.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Photo Essay: My Building Evacuated


There was a "suspicious package" in my office building Wednesday, leading to some people being evacuated. Here are some photos (taken by a gainy Treo 600).


Building security has been a concern for some time in midtown Manhattan. The stone barriers on the streets are designed to prevent car bombs.


The NYPD Hazardous Unit was there to inspect the package.


People in the building waited for over an hour, with little incident.

Just another day in New York City.

Other photo essays.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nominal Me said...

Yeah, I'm still around. They were just being cautious.

Thursday, 10 February, 2005  
Blogger Loveena Raj said...

Sends Chills ... you know the kind that raises the little hairs on the hand ... And I thought it happened only in the movies! Good to know you're still around :-)

Thursday, 10 February, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Honestly, it wasn't a big deal. I used to work in Times Square during 9/11, and in the following months there were so many nearby bomb scares and anthrax scares that I got used to it. That, plus the blackout.

Thursday, 10 February, 2005  
Blogger Loveena Raj said...

Uh ... uh ... Angry Dan, R U a Terrorist? I hope not. Because if U were one - You'd be a pretty good one! (That logic about bombin the street... neat!)So thank you for keeping the world a safer place by not being one :-)

Now, the whole thing was meant to be compliment - Every body has potential to be Good or Bad - we choose ... If one could be an exceptionally clever and effective terrorist, one could also be an exceptionally clever and effective law enforcement officer ... Like that !

Ciao C ya guys next week end. Till then ...

Friday, 11 February, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The LORD came down and saved you. You have not reached your time yet, so please be thankful to HIM.

Friday, 11 February, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Yeah, you're probably right.

Friday, 11 February, 2005  
Blogger Janet said...

That's really scary. I'm not gonna ask how things are since though bc obviously, you had time to blog about it, so that's a good sign.:)

Friday, 11 February, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home