.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Truck Trouble



I had my first road challange yesterday, as one of the tires in the van blew off while I was driving in Tennessee.

It sounded like something popped, or exploded under the truck, and for a brief second it jerked the truck. Luckily, I try not to drive near other cars, and I was able to safely guide it to the shoulder.

It turned out to be an hour and a half wait to get it fixed. My partner examined nearby roadkill while waiting, one item being a dead bat. You don't see that very often!

Driving north to Wisconsin, I saw the best looking woman I've seen on the tour -- a young married woman working in a gas station in Kentucky. She had uninspired blue eyes. Dreamy. Damn, I'm not in New York any more. There's no way that girl would have been married in the city.



Here's another sign I'm not in the city. This is southern Illinois, where we drove through last night. That's one big cross. We are in God's country.

The flat lands and the sundown over farms was so cool to see. This coming week I go through more training in Wisconsin for my upcoming trip to Minnesota.

RANDOM STUFF:
Random Song Heard Today: "Rocking After Midnight" by Judas Priest. There was a hard rock/heavy metal station somewhere in southern Illinois playing it.

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your CB nickname "Nominal Me?"

Do you have a trucker's tan yet?

Are you growing out your beard yet?

Have the words "Skoal" or "Copenhagen" entered your vocabulary?

Enjoy your trip!

Monday, 22 August, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

I haven't earned a CB name yet.

I'm working on the trucker's tan. Almost there actually.

No beard yet. This is a marketing gig, so I don't think I'll be able to do that.

No mouth cancer for me!

Monday, 22 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home