.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Palm Sunday at Havenwood Presbyterian Church


I attended Palm Sunday services at Havenwood Presbyterian Church, located just outside of Baltimore, MD.

It was a nice congregation and a good sermon titled "Donkey Fetchers" by Dr Harry J Schill. His job was to tell the story of Palm Sunday, the penultimate week to Easter. He describes a time when Jesus has healed the sick and now has to face his fate. The Pastor described how Jesus instructed his disciples to do some busy work -- fetching a donkey.

He used this story as a parable of discipleship, which "is about service". "Position in life is not important," says Schill. "Palm Sunday is the first act of the drama of Holy Week. We all have a ministry and it may be in the small things and not the great."

"We are called to be servants of Christ -- even if it means being donkey fetchers."