.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Four Movie Questions: A Blog Chain Mail Letter


Jackie Chiles of the Airing of Grievances has "tagged" me on a chain-mail-like Internet thing related to a guy named Thomas at Newsrack.

So here are my answers:

Total number of films I own:
19 at my current apartment, God only knows how many copied videotapes at my Dad's house.

The last film I bought:

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace (I was gearing up big time for Episode III

The last film I watched:
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in the theater, and The Day After Tomorrow on TV

Five favorite films I either watch frequently or that mean a lot to me:
The Princess Bride, The Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek II: The Wraith of Khan, The Godfather II, and Lawrence of Arabia

Yeah, you can see my inner dorkness With my recent and favorite movie picks. The reality is, with the exception of the Godfather movies, all of my favorites come from my childhood. Those were simpler times, before I had to worry about dating women (come to think of it, I haven't had a whole lot to worry about that lately...), jobs, life, etc.

I almost equally love the first Godfather movie, and a good number of my friends can spontaneously quote the movie. The one that sticks out to you is probably Lawrence of Arabia, a movie that was filmed in 1962 yet has a timeless quality to it. It is a movie about Western influences in the Middle East, bringing the characters and the life there to great life.

Spock's death scene in Star Trek II still brings a tear to my eye. In college I actually wrote a paper on it (yeah, I didn't date any more in college than I did in high school). See, guys can cry about sports and science fiction, just not about real life.

It's hard for me to be blown away by a movie these days. Perhaps I had too many theater classes in college, and have been exposed to too many of the media options the 21st Century provides me.

Anyway, Dr. Strangejazz, Faith, Paul Katcher, and Janet...you are tagged.

More Personal Stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting. Three if your top five are sequels.

Thursday, 09 June, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Yeah, that is pretty odd.

Friday, 10 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home