.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Photo Essay: The Met


Recently I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with my handy Treo 600 cameraphone.


For the first time in years, I stopped by the Robert Lehman Wing Atrium.


There I ran into a great painting my El Greco.


The wing has a nice view of the museum's old original wall.


I also visited their great old midieval armor collection.


I bet this guy could have killed me in his day.


One of the museum's most peaceful spots is Astor Court in the Chinese art section.


Some of the Asian art is impressive in its scope and age.


The range of art in the section spans from wood, paper, stone, etc.


Seeing old objects like this reminds us that we are not as smart and creative as we think ourselves to be.


In the Modern Art Section, this painting caught my eye.


The American Wing is still by far my favorite. The opening doorway is an old bank from downtown Manhattan.


The Egypt section is impressive as well.


The Temple of Dendur is a must see at the museum. It was donated in its entirety by the Egyptian government.


You can walk right up to the art.


Apparently, legwarmers are back in style. Not sure how I feel about that.


Come to the Met!

Other Photo Essays

3 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

You sold me - I've gotta go there now.

Thursday, 23 June, 2005  
Blogger Janet said...

I didn't think you were allowed to take pics there. Or maybe you "aren't"?:)

Thursday, 23 June, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

It's all good Janet, I didn't use a flash. In fact, I didn't even use a real camera...just a cameraphone (which is why the pics are all sort of blurry).

Thursday, 23 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home