.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Q&A With Ante Razov of the Metrostars


Today's Q&A is with New York/New Jersey Metrostars Forward Ante Razov.

You were recently traded to the New York Metrostars. How do you like New York so far?

I love it, I’ve spent a little time here before. It’s a great town and I like to be in a big city.

What does the hiring of Alexi Lalas as President and GM mean to the team?


I think that’s kind of early to determine. You got a guy whose played the game and been around the game so he brings that experience to us and hopefully that can translate on the field as well as off the field.

How did you get into soccer?

My dad played, so I started playing when I was like 3-4 years old.

What was it like to play on the U.S. national soccer team? How far do you think the current team will go this year?


Well playing with the national team is the ultimate and I think our team has grown in leaps and bounds. We’re a top ten team in the world for sure.

How popular can soccer become in the US? It seems like the sport has been trying to make inroads for decades.

It’s definitely a process. We compete against four national sports here so the market is a bit diluted. We got to get the hardcore soccer fans, not just the soccer mom crowd. If we can get more fans to come out to our games, then that will help a lot.

What should New Yorkers (and New Jersey-ites) know about the Metrostars?

We play at Giants Stadium.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I know spend my free time looking for a place to live.


I'd like to thank Ante for his time, as well as Matt Chmura and Julianne Shumko of the Metrostars in helping me obtain this interview.

For the Metrostars schedule and tickets, please visit here.

RELATED LINKS:
Other Q&As

Things To Do In New York: The New York/New Jersey Metrostars

NJ.com on the Metrostars

FOX Sports: Metrostars


ESPN: Metrostars