.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Eating Like A Hog In Midland, TX

Hidden on an barely noticeable county road in Midland, TX resides one of the best BBQ places in America. No joke. I had the ribs here and they are fall-off-the-bone good. It was some of the finest prepared meat I've ever had.

This is the front door of the Hog Pit Pub & Grub right near Midland International Airport (yes, in theory you can leave America from Midland, TX). Walking up to this place, I wasn't sure if we were going to get out of here alive. It seems like the kind of place where out-of-towners are stored -- forever.

It is a place that only the locals seem to know about, and we could tell by the stares of the people inside that we are not one of them. If not for my very good friend Natasha, a Midland native, I never would have heard of this gem of a place.

There was one dude who had a mullet goatee combo that I really wanted to get a picture of. I value my life however.

They seem to have the capability of mobile marketing, although I'm not sure how often they use this.

The food and the service was fantastic. Sherrye, Becca, and Deena, as well as the others on hand, even managed to make me -- a Yankee -- feel welcome here.

At one point, I told Becca, our waitress, that we had driven all the way from Los Angeles to eat here -- a fib, of course -- and she replied with a charming Texas drawl "I was born at night, but not last night".

That seriously won me over.

So did the top-knotch BBQ.

Too bad every girl in the town must be married. I was ready to fall in love.

Back to the road.

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How were their wings?

Wednesday, 14 December, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

There was no way I was going to fit them in.

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home