.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Welcome Back To The South

My first main drive back on the road had me going from Atlanta to Americus, GA.

It was on this drive that a streak of mine was broken.

I know now what Cal Ripken, Jr. must have felt when he didn't play a game. I'll know what Brett Favre will go through when he sits down for a game.

It's a feeling that you get when something you've worked long and hard for ends.

For the very first time in my life, I was pulled over by a cop.

A Georgia State trooper to be exact.

I deserved it. I won't get into details.

I'll hand it to the cop though, with a perfectly clean driving record, considering I'm 33 years old, I'm sure he didn't know what to do with me.

He did give me a classic line though, saying "is that the way they drive down there in Neeewww York."

He let me off without a ticket.

But I feel ever closer to prison now that I'm on the cop's radar. In fact, on the way to Americus, we passed by the Macon State Prison, convienently located on the major state road we needed to take to get there.

I of course, have to look up things, so here's some key facts on the place:

Macon State Prison opened in 1993 and houses approximately 1300 adult male felons. The prison has a staff of 352 with an annual payroll of approximately $11 million. The mission of the prison is to house inmates who have presented management problems at other institutions.
If I keep this up, I'll be living the life of the Blues Brothers movie.

After all, "I'm on a mission from God."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,

You should have been a wise a$$ and told the trooper " that's the way we drive UP there in Newwww York". Macon State Prison isn't that bad maybe you could have the big bossman as your gaurd.

Boris

Friday, 10 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home