.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Eating Good In Syracuse, NY

This evening I went to Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse and had a great time. I've been to the one in Harlem and had to try this one out.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do...so I had a Syracuse Pale Ale. It was pretty good.

And, like my old college days, partaked in some good old fashioned outdoors drinking. Back home in NYC this is called an "open container violation." But not here in glorious Syracuse!

The bar was filled with bumper stickers telling people what they like.

Some discussed philosophy.

Other, politics, like this G.O.P. "Gas & Oil Pigs" one.

At the dinner hour the place was packed -- and with good reason -- with people waiting to eat some real good barbeque.

Like the Harlem establishment, the bathroom is filled with graffiti.

Some of it is better than others.

It took us a while to sit, but when we did I had ribs, wings, and other assorted -- and perfectly cooked -- meats. It was very much worth the wait.

If you are hungry in Syracuse, NY, go check it out!