.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Harlem, NY

Part of my stay was in Harlem, NYC, or "upper Manhattan". Traditionally, this part of New York County was not on most tourists maps, but it's becoming more attractive for those purposes lately.

One of the reasons is Dinosaur BBQ, a chain that is located in Syracuse and Rochester, NY.

It's absolutely fantastic food.

Harlem is still Harlem...the most famous black community in America. Cultural landmarks like the Cotton Club are still around.

Some of Harlem's beauty comes from its architechture. Most buildings have character.

Especially the brownstones.

It was at Dr. Strangejazz's place...a really fantastic brownstone...that I got to crash in for a few days. Look at Jazz...very impressive.

When you get the chance, go check out Harlem.

3 Comments:

Blogger LeesMyth said...

Jazz sure cleans up good. ;)

But I'd be more curious to see pix of the brownstone, especially any renovations (whether in progress or completed).

Sunday, 14 May, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well you are invited to come by whenever you are in Harlem.

Thanks for the compliment.

Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Lee, you'll have to get Jazz to do a blog article on it!

Monday, 22 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home