.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

My New Favorite Show (For A Short Time At Least)


My only must-see television lately is the new NBC drama "Revelations".

It is a show about the "end of days" which combines many of my favorite interests, religion, science fiction, horror, fantasy, and mystery. While I'm no fan of Bill Pullman, the topics covered and the style of the show make it quite interesting.

Surprisingly enough, while I started watching it because I am a Christian, what is keeping me are the other aspects. Other than a few moments in each episode where the nun, a lead character, spouts off words of faith, it is hardly a Christian drama.

Those looking for "evidence" against faith will find solace in Pullman's character, who plays a scientist, and the plot diverges far away from traditional Christian theology very quickly. Those who find being preached too frustrating, or viewers who have grudges against "religious types," will find a number of unseemly, hypocritical men of the cloth to jeer at.

The mini-series is based on the premise that Pullman and the nun (played by Natascha McElhone) can somehow stop the apocalypse, and has fun stuff like demons and crazy characters that will keep anyone who has watched the sci-fi channel (or any lover of Star Wars and Star Trek) entertained for an hour on a Wednesday night.

It's a quirky, fun, interesting show that only has three episodes left.

Although the Philadelphia Inquirer brings up a good point, if God wants to end the world, we're not going to do much to stop him.

But that's beside the point. It's a fun drama. Catch it on Wednesdays while you can...

...it will be over soon.


RELATED LINKS:
More Personal Stuff

A detailed preview by a nun (I think).

TV Tome on Revelations


A Christian reviews the show
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's got an X-Files feel to it. I've only missed one episode so far.

Thursday, 28 April, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Yeah, it sort of does have an X-Files feel. I have to (shamely) admit I've never seen "Lost". I'm not even sure when it's on.

Perhaps I watch too much sports.

Thursday, 28 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home