.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Bad Karma In Reynoldsburg, OH


Last night I had the luxury of seeing my favorite football team, the Buffalo Bills, play on TV. Normally, I'm working during their games, and have to rely on radio broadcasts through NFL Field Pass.

Not today, as they have a 4 PM game against the Oakland Raiders.

Man, the Buffalo Bills really suck.

It doesn't come across that way on the radio.

On TV it does. Watching a scrub running back like Lamont Jordon run through their defensive line did not make me happy. That was problem number one with this town.

Anyway, that's not the point of my story.

I did the right thing last night. I had my co-worker drop me off at the bar so I could drink and avoid a DUI. I figured when the game was over I could easily call a cab and perform a public service.

You always get punished for doing the right thing.

Two hours after calling a cab in this town it hadn't showed up yet.

I think it's part of a pro-drinking-and-driving program that the community is pushing. I mean, why reward people for doing this by giving them good service when you can screw them and leave them waiting in a bar for a couple of hours?

I got pissed, like any good New Yorker would, and walked 2.4 miles to my hotel.

Now my hotel, that's another thing...


La Quinta is not Spanish for free high speed Internet access, it's Spanish for letting your hotel go down the toilet and not caring.

The high speed Internet connection barely works, even though it's the hotel's selling point, and the staff really isn't going to do something about it.

How do I know this?

One of the maintenance staff told me. "It's been down since last Saturday and I don't think we're going to fix it anytime soon," he said. Meanwhile the people at the front desk pretend that this is a new problem and that I'm the only one complaining about it. They'll say something like "it must be your room," without knowing that I'm here with two other people who are staying in different parts of the hotel.

Yeah, Reynoldsburg. The customer is always #1.

I'm looking forward to Pittsburgh now.

Bad mood...bad mood...bad mood...

Oh, and PS, why didn't I just call my co-worker to pick me up? He was in his room with a six pack getting drunk there.

He was probably the smart one.

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures