.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

THE Ohio State University, Columbus, OH


My next stop on my tour was Columbus, OH, home of THE Ohio State University. They call it "THE" Ohio State University to make sure you don't get it confused with all of the other schools that call themselves Ohio State University. No one should be confused about that.


There was a great amount of school pride on campus, with many people wearing Ohio State shirts and other clothes. I even bought one, getting into the school spirit and such.


Those students not wearing Ohio State stuff made unfortunate fashion choices.


The university is off of "High Street," which is not on a hill of any sort. Does this say something about OSU students?


The campus at times is scenic.


It has wildlife!


They have humans to feed the wildlife!


It was a water fountain that probably turns to ice in December.


The campus offers a great number of services, like mail, fast food restaurants, and other things. These services allow students to scribble graffiti all over them.


People get married there, apparently.


Some buildings, like the art complex, are interesting to look at.


Other parts of the campus have a more classical feel.

OSU is a place I'm looking at for graduate school, so I was happy to stop by here. I wish I had more time to take a look around and explore the are, but things are getting very busy. It was cloudy, cold, and the students weren't very friendly, which is something I need to consider. But the campus appears to have a lot to offer, and the surrounding area is nice.

Now, I'm off to Pittsburgh...

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the humorous introduction to OSU -- a great way to start my Monday. But I have to say we'll all miss you here in NYC if you ship yourself off to OSU. Okay, we ALREADY miss you, because you're on tour or whatever. But we'll CONTINUE to miss you, and that would be sad indeed. Just ask Dr. Strangejazz, or any of your admirers in the cell block.

Luv, Prisoner #26615

P.S. Feel free to send a cake with a file in it.

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Prisoner, I thought you were digging yourself out with a spoon? What do you need the file for?

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfriendly students on a crappy fall day in October while school is in session? Unbelievable!

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost my utensil privileges. It's a long story.

Luv, Prisoner #26615

P.S. I am not ready to talk about the Porridge Incident.
P.P.S. Don't believe what the warden says about it either. I was so totally framed.

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,Your odessey is very interesting.Reminds me of the Globe Trekker series on Public TV.
I seem to have lost your earlier segments.Perhaps you could do a Globe Trekker series. You probably will not get this. I do not know what I am doing.
Uncle Bill

Wednesday, 02 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home