.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Friday, October 07, 2005

It's Miller Time


I got to go to one of Milwaukee's main attractions, the Miller Brewing Company. It's a free tour, and one of the best bargains in the city (see more info on that below). It took only five minutes for some knucklehead on the tour to make a Laverne and Shirley joke, making out burnout tour guide try his best to laugh while giving him a "give me a joke I haven't heard before" look.


Miller, a German immigrant, briefly lived in Rochester, NY. Clearly, all great things come from New York. The company has a rich history, which was pretty much glossed over during the tour.


It's an exciting history.


We saw a lot of beer being produced.


Then we saw a lot of beer getting ready to be shipped. I bet I could drink all of that in one weekend. If it was cold.


We saw a lot of beer being processed.


This was our tour guide. He was slurring to the point where I missed half of what he said. He had that "I'm drunk, hung over, or burned out" feel about him which was perfect for a brewery.


Look! Old beer bottles.


This is the Miller logo. No one is sure why that is.


My co-worker is not fond of MGD.


What makes the Miller Brewing Company the best bang for no bucks? Free samples of Miller Lite, Miller High Life, and Miller Genuine Draft. You don't have to choose, you get all three. It was paradise. There's nothing like getting lit up for free and then walking to a gift shop.

Milwaukee was paradise for a couple of hours.

By the way, this tour was effective. I had never drank High Life or MDG in my life. It was good stuff.

Or maybe I was caught up in the moment.

Perhaps my days as a beer snob are done? We shall see.

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! ANOTHER one of you is gonna start leaving behind MGD while drinking all the good beer at the Club....

Monday, 10 October, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

No man, I wouldn't do that to you.

Miller Lite, maybe.

Monday, 10 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE! It ALL tastes good at the brewery... even Schlitz and Carling Black Label. No joke.

Looks like a great time!

Sunday, 16 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home