.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Photo Essay: Appleton, WI On Fire


OK, the whole city wasn't on fire, but a car was. Apparently a guy installed a new engine into the thing and it decided to combust within an hour of use. Talk about having a bad day.


What was funny was how casually the firemen walked up to this burning chunk of metal. They gave it about as much thought as when I walk into a deli to order lunch.


"So, how are the Packers going to do this week?"


"They can't do that bad, they have a bye this week".


Then this dude hit the car with a pickaxe a few times just to make sure the car wouldn't ever drive again.


No one was hurt.

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures

Other Photo Essays

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a moment with Appleton's finest. (Or is that "bravest"? Or "most blase"?)

Sunday, 16 October, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Hey, I'd have a beer with those guys.

Monday, 17 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home