.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's My Blog Birthday


October 19th is my first blog birthday.

It started as a whim. I called in sick to a job I hated and was inspired by Dr. Strangejazz to write. It started innocently enough, with a post titled "Welcome to my Blog".

This past year, it's been a mixture of politics, sports, photos, and personal experiences. Recently, I have written about places I have visited to, as I am currently travelling 100% of the time.

Blogging is fun. Sometimes I got bored, but for the most part I've stuck with it and have already had 50,000 pageviews. Here's what I consider some of my blog's most notable moments:

IMPORTANT MOMENTS FOR MY BLOG:
I had exclusive news on the search for WMDs in Iraq.

I was part of MSNBC's coverage of Election Day 2000

I interviewed a soldier in Iraq.

In a failed attempt to lobby for a West Side Stadium, I used this blog as a bully pulpit. This was the last post in the series.


Some of my best work comes in the form of my Q&A sessions. Here's what I consider some of the most interesting people I've talked with.

THE MOST INTERESTING PEOPLE I'VE INTERVIEWED
TV star T.J. Allard

Political figure Mike Dukakis


Theatre Director Joe Tantalo

Oscar McCloud, a pastor who is currently the moderator of the New York City Presbytery.

Tim Lucas, a pastor who is doing outreach to the gay community, is an up and coming person in religious circles.

Soccer player Ante Razov of the New York/New Jersey Metrostars.

Serph Maltese, a local New York City politician, have a gracious interview.



MY MOST LIVELY COMMENTS SECTIONS (they both involve soccer):
I don't really get a lot of comments here, but sometimes the subject matter brings them out. Some of the most fun comments come from random people who visit my photo essay on Greek Graffiti. I encourage you to read it.

Why Don't Americans Like Soccer?


MY ONLY GUEST COLUMN EVER:
Angry Dan wrote this and never came back. No one else has contributed to the site since.


If not for other blogs, I really wouldn't have started going this. Here are some of my favorites.

THE BLOGS THAT MATTER TO ME:
Paul Katcher, the guy who told me what blogging was.

Bitter Daze, Dr. Strangejazz inspired me to start writing.

Airing of Grievances
, a great blog that is growing every day.

Faith, she's very open about herself.

Slant Point, a guy who lives near where I used to live keeps me informed about NYC politics.

To start my second year off tomorrow, I will post links to some of my most notable work from the previous year. Thanks for coming to my blog. I hope you enjoy it and will keep coming.

RELATED LINKS:
More Personal Stuff

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure, Nominal. Keep it up.

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for saying I inspired you, that's the biggest complement you could give me.

Happy Blog Birthday.

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  
Blogger Nominal Me said...

Thanks guys!

Saturday, 22 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home