.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Update on the Presbyterian Arson Threat

As I noted this past Sunday, the Presbyterian Church USA reported that they received an arson threat this weekend.

There have been some interesting reactions:

Jewish Week implies that the church faked the letter, and said that church officials have praised Hezbollah, and are demanding that the letter be published.

But many Jewish groups, including the Simon Wiesenthal Center, have condemned the threat.

The Washington Times notes that higher security will continue in many churches this coming Sunday.

The investigation is ongoing.

If the purpose of the letter was to raise awareness, this person has succeeded. If the purpose of the letter is to scare me from going to church on Sunday, this person as failed.