.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Touring Lambeau Field and the Packers Hall of Fame


Today I went on a tour of historical Lambeau Field and the Packers Hall of Fame, which is located in nearby Green Bay, WI.


The place is jam packed with old programs, photos, objects, and information on the history of this great sports franchise.


There is a lifelike depiction of the classic "ice bowl" quarterback sneak by Bart Starr.


The legendary Vince Lombardi is well represented here. They even had a replica of his office, in a similar way that U.S. presidential libraries often present.


Lynn Dickey and Jonn Jefferson were great Packers players from my childhood. They were some of the first players I remember rooting against.


Recent Packers greats are lauded.


In the Packers' shrine sits the team's three Lombardi (Super Bowl) trophies.


We had an engaging tour guide who kept asking us to spend money there. According to my guide, the Lambeau Field store has the highest sales of any team store in the world. It's probably due to his salesmanship.


"Curly" Lambeau was the team founder, first captain, and first head coach.


Want to see a Packers game? You need season tickets. As for getting a season ticket, there's a 79,000+ person waiting list. Our group briefly sat in a $94,000 luxury box seat. There's a long waiting list for those as well.

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford one.

They don't even bother estimating how long it will take to get either season ticket arrangements. It's not worth doing so, since it will take so long.


We walked through the tunnel that NFL greats use at gametime.


We briefly got to walk on the end zone area of the football field. That was the highlight of the tour.


There's me, my Doug Flutie jersey, and Lambeau Field.


Almost $20 for a foam cheese head? Damn. That's loyalty.

For football fans, Lambeau Field is hallowed grownd. You really should check it out if you're ever in the area.

RANDOM STUFF:
On Thursday a metal stairway fell on my foot. Since it was still hurting I had it X-rayed today -- a bone contusion. I'll have to take it easy for the rest of the week.

Tour Stats:
Number of visits to Wall Mart: 7
Number of people asking me about September 11th: 5
Number of McDonald's Visits: 2
Number of Waffle House Visits: 1
Number of Hospital Visits: 1

RELATED LINKS:
America's Treasures

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish those cheeseheads weren't so expensive... I really wanted one! By the way, looks like you need to spend more time at the Waffle House! Home fries -- scattered, smothered, covered, chunked and topped! You get a double-order and it makes for a cheap, filling meal!

Wednesday, 31 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home