.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nominal Me

I'm falling in love with my camera and taking photos everywhere I go. That, combined with my passions for politics, sports, religion and other things we all agree on, makes this blog persist.


My Photo
Name:
Location: Astoria, New York, United States

I'm born in Manhattan and raised in Queens.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Weekend, Back Home

After being away from home for so long, it was nice to be back at the Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church for Easter weekend.

The church really has a fantastic tradition for the time. They have a Maundy Thursday service, a three hour Good Friday service, and then an always uplifting Easter Sunday service.

On Easter Sunday, there's usually a line to get into the door. This year was no different.


Jan Ammon, possible the first female Easter Sunday preacher in the history of the congregation, gave a wonderful sermon about "letting go" of Jesus. She brought to life the idea that our relationship with Jesus -- and with God -- changed on Easter Sunday. We, as Christians, need to adjust to it.

It was a great time at home.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeesMyth said...

I'm sure you've heard by now that Jan is resigning as of the end of June. She gave a really good sermon today - you might want to check it out at the FAPC web site this week.

Sunday, 21 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

|

<< Home